This accessibility statement applies to the website stuk.fi, which was introduced on 24 May 2023. The website is incomplete. If necessary, the description will be revised as new content and functionalities are added to the website. In addition, this statement applies to our official social media channels.
We strive to ensure the accessibility of our website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019). Our goal is to provide a website which is technologically flawless with a clear user interface and comprehensible content. We also strive to take accessibility requirements into account in our publications on social media.
Alternative ways of using services
If you are unable to use the stuk.fi website, please contact our communications either via our switchboard on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., tel. +358 (0)9 759 881, or by email viestinta(at)stuk.fi.
Service accessibility status
Our website partially meets the requirements of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services.
The Stuk.fi website was redesigned in 2023, and the content and technical accessibility have been taken into account extensively in the redesign. The website has not undergone an external accessibility assessment. Accessibility has been assessed, for example, through Siteimprove, random accessibility reviews and using previous accessibility audited technical implementations.
The website will be subject to an external accessibility audit at the beginning of 2024. The purpose of the audit is to identify possible accessibility problems. A separate corrective action plan will be drawn up for the identified accessibility problems, and corrections will be made during 2024.
The following content is not yet compliant
There are some identified accessibility issues with the usability of our website. The following is a description of known accessibility issues. If you notice an accessibility issue on the website that is not listed, please contact our communications team.
- Text in images: The text is presented in pictorial form, although it is not necessary. (WCAG 1.4.5)
- Text and graphics contrasts: There are still some shortcomings in colour contrasts. (WCAG 1.4.3, 1.4.11).
- Documents, publications and attachments: Documents, publications and attachments that are in PDF format or file formats of Office programs are linked to the website from the previous stuk.fi website. The files will be developed to be accessible gradually. The latest files will be made accessible if possible. Files have issues that prevent them from using the screen reader, such as:
- incomplete title attributes (including table titles)
- complex structures (especially tables)
- missing text equivalents (especially charts and files translated from PowerPoint presentations)
- PDF documents that contain form fields (many of these are not accessible with a screen reader).
- Content and attachments for which others are responsible: Online services and attachments of other authorities and stakeholders are linked to our website. These are not our responsibility.
As the online service contains STUK decisions, statements and other similar documents that have been published before 9/2019, accessible versions of such documents can be requested from STUK by sending a document request to STUK Registry, stuk(at)stuk.fi or using the online form (<linkki>) and selecting a request for information.
Separate websites and functions are linked to our website, for which separate accessibility statements have been prepared:
- Public record service (<linkki>)
- Sammio (<linkki>)
- Stuklex (<linkki>)
- Julkari (<linkki>)
- Open data (<linkki>)
- Webstore of STUK
- STUK eGovernance service
Not covered by legislation
Our website contains PDF files published before 23 September 2018, which do not meet all accessibility requirements. The law does not require that these files, published before 23 September 2018, be made accessible retroactively.
There are videos on our YouTube channel that were published before 23 September 2020. Not all the videos have subtitles or audio description. The law does not require that these videos, published before 23 September 2020, be made accessible retroactively.
Our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts also have content published before 23 September 2020 that does not meet the requirements of the law: images without alternative description or videos without subtitles or audio description.
Did you notice a lack of accessibility in our service?
If you notice accessibility issues on our website, please give us feedback. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days. We accept feedback primarily through the feedback form (<linkki>) . If you do not have the opportunity to send your feedback using the feedback form, please contact us via the switchboard on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., tel. +358 (0)9 759 881, or by email to viestinta(at)stuk.fi.
If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can submit a notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. (<linkki>)
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland's website provides detailed information on how to make a notification and how to handle the matter.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
The Supervisory Unit for Web Accessibility (<linkki>)
Email: [email protected]
Switchboard number: +358 (0)29 501 6000